|Concerning Correction of the Rulers|
Imaam Barbahaaree on the Manhaj of Dealing With the Rulers|
|Author: Prepared by Abu Talhah and Abu Iyaad|
|Source: The Creed of Imaam Bukhaaree / Explanation of the Creed|
|Article ID : MNJ160002  |
« Previous || Page 2 of 2
About them al-Hasan used to say, "If the people had patience, when
they were being tested by their unjust ruler, it will not be long
before Allaah will give them a way out. However, they always rush
for their swords, so they are left to their swords. By Allaah! Not
even for a single day did they bring about any good."
1. Taken from "The Creed of Imaam al-Bukhaaree" Published by Salafi
Publications. Translated by Dawud Burbank and Amjad Rafiq.
2. This hadeeth has been reported from a group among the Companions and
see Sunan at-Tirmidhee (no. 2657), al-Musnad (4/80, 82 183), 'Jami'
ul-Usool (1/265) and Majma'uz-Zuwaa'id (1/137-139).
3. Reported from Ahmad and it is saheeh
4. Reported from Ibn Maajah and it is hasan.
5. Reported from Muslim
7. When changing the evil of the rulers, then this should be done by
the scholars and not openly as is mentioned by a clear hadeeth of
the Prophet, "When you wish to correct the sultan then take him
by the hand in secret and advise him." [Aquidah at-Tahawiyah]
8. He was ath-Thaqafee, and is well known. Adh-Dhahabee said in
Siyar A'laam in-Nubalaa (4/343) at the end of his biography, "We
revile him and do not love him, rather we hate him for Allaah. He
had some some good deed, but they are drowned in the ocean of his
sins, and his affair is for Allaah!"
Page 2 of 2