متون علمية يدرسها موسى الطويل حاليا: تفسير سورة العنكبوت [آيات 1-15]، كتاب التوحيد، متن الأربعين النووية، كتاب الصلاة من عمدة الأحكام، مذكرة الحديث النبوي في العقيدة والاتباع، شرح المنظومة الميمية في الآداب
In the Name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Ever Merciful…
Often, especially in the West, a man may find himself in the position of being his own mother’s walee (guardian) for marriage. Of course, we know the walee’s approval is a necessary requirement for the validity of a marriage contract. This predicament can be a difficult one to navigate, since in Islam he is required to obey, respect, and honor his mother. Yet, if she wishes to marry a man whom he is not pleased with, can he actually refuse to consent and prevent such a marriage? How does he balance between obedience to his mother and this apparent position of authority over her, as limited as it may be?
To aid our brothers who are faced with such a dilemma, I posed the following question to Shaykh Muhammad ‘Umar Baazmool (may Allaah bless and preserve him):
شيخنا من كان وليًا لأمه ولاية النكاح كيف يتأدب معها إذا كان لا يواقق على اختيار رجل لها فيه رغبة
Our shaykh, regarding someone who is a walee (guardian) for the marriage of his mother: How does he uphold good manners with her if he does not agree with the choice of a man she is interested in?
He replied: Continue reading
- Real “Hadith Disciples” Do Not Forsake the Scholars [A Brief Hadeeth Study]
- Resources for TROID Summer Courses (July 21-30, 2017)
- Observing the “Islamic New Year”
- Shaykh Ibn Baaz: Is the Name “Muhsin” Allowed?
- Confusion Ended: “Thanksgiving is a Day of Gratitude Observed by Most Muslims” [?]
- Jumu’ah Prayer Established in Prisons
- Are a Muslim Woman’s Non-Muslim Relatives Acceptable as Mahram for Traveling?
- The Friday Khutbah: Three Neglected Sunnahs for the Imaam
- How Many Rak’ahs Did the Salaf Pray for Taraaweeh?
- Recources for Monthly Lessons at Masjid as-Sahaabah (Columbus, OH)
- 16 False Narrations About Wearing Turbans (Imaamahs) [Updated]
- Another Fabricated Hadeeth from Anjem Choudary: “Whoever Insults a Prophet, Kill Him!”
- A Biography of Shaykh Muhammad Amaan Al-Jaamee
- Speak the Truth or Stay Home [Shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaamee]
- Do not Refer to Deviant Groups Using Their Chosen Names of Self-Praise
- Qassim University Accepts 149 International Students (2014-2015)
- Links to 25 Universities in Saudi Arabia
- Arabic Language Scholarships Available at King Saud University in Riyadh (2015-2016)
- List of Accepted Students at Imam University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1435-1436)
- List of Accepted Students at the Islamic University of Al-Madeenah 1435-1436 [2014-2015]
- Shaykh Ibn Baaz: How to Give Da’wah to Those Affected By Specific Misguidance
- Shaykh Fowzaan on Frauds Who Pretend to Have Islamic Knowledge
- Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen: Anyone Who Claims to Know When the End of the World Will Occur is a Disbeliever
- A Hadeeth Which Defines When the End of the World Happens? [The World Will Only Exist for 7000 Years?]
- But We Need a New Approach in Today’s Dawah! [Shaykh Ibn Baaz Responds]
- Nutmeg, the Well Known Spice, is an Intoxicant (Khamr)
- Baseless Hadeeth: “Take Half of Your Religion From ‘Aa’ishah”
- Calling to Good Manners Firstly is Contradictory to the Prophetic Dawah Method [Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan]
- 15 Points of Advice for Those Intending to Perform ‘Umrah
- Wiping over Headwear (Turbans, Caps, Khimaars) for Wudhoo’
- Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen on Removing Part of the Footwear and then Continuing to Wipe Over it
- Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan on the Claim that Allaah Cannot Do All Things
- How to Pray in a Chair When Needed [Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan]
- People of the Sunnah are Humble and Clear About Their Sources